We Go Green
Our family and staff are very proud to be awarded with a Green Key Eco Label certificate from the Greek society for the protection of nature.
Our people strongly care about sustainable development and are committed to succeed on that. Our effort and sincere dedication on saving the environment have been recognized from our partners and guests, helping us to improve ourselves on an every day basis.
Our Green Policy
- Detailed information is provided to our guests upon their arrival, in regards to the presence of the sea turtle Caretta Caretta, so they will have the needed knowledge on this vital issue.
- We are proud to present all needed information and photo gallery about Caretta Caretta on www.dianahotels.gr . Our guests will have the opportunity to get familiar with the subject before they arrive in Zakynthos.
- Whenever it is needed, we advice our guests how they should manner when they spot sea turtles without disturbing their natural habitat. In this way, we emphasize the importance of their existence.
- On www.dianahotels.gr we advice our guests to experience very interesting activities friendly to the environment such as trekking, horse ridding, and bicycling. This enables us to avoid polluting the atmosphere when using a car or a motorbike.
The local community and our practices.
With the aim to promote our local community and products, we encourage our guests to experience traditional restaurants, museums and historical hallmarks. In this way, our guests have the chance to become more familiar with Greece and its history.
- On www.dianahotels.gr we are proud to present an interactive photo wall gallery, that encourages visitors to get informed in detail regarding the above activities.
- Our family owns a vegetable farm and grow all needed products to be used in our restaurants. We also produce our own virgin oil, also used in all of our hotels. This enables our guests to taste our pure and safe products.
- We never use toxic products in our farm. All vegetables and virgin oil, are purely produced with harmless non toxical products.
- Occasionally, we encourage our guests to join us to a tour in our farm. This is a chance for us to present our products and a way for them to get closer to nature.
Diana Group Hotels and our people
With the aim to enforce productivity and employment in Zakynthos, we employ local staff. We always manage to treat all of our staff following Greek law guidelines and make sure they are informed about their wages and benefits. Our people are always welcomed as members of our family.
- All of our staff is paid on time, according to the contracted date on a monthly basis.
- As we respect human rights we always invest to our people and guests. We encourage our guests to respect our staff as equals and vice versa.
- We have a policy to keep our staff in long term and built strong relationships with them. Almost the 50% of our staff works in the hotel for the last 14 years. Any new staff employed from us, is always welcomed from our team and the family.
- All of our staff is trained in regards to sustainability and sustainable development. In this way we encourage them to be sensitive about the environment on an everyday basis.
- At Diana Palace and Filoxenia hotel, we are proud to hold HACCP certificate. This is a great tool for us to monitor and control the smooth operation in our kitchens. We use all needed mechanisms to spot Critical Control Points and avoid health hazards for our guests. All staff is trained on HACCP on a yearly basis and during the season the operation is closely monitored by the HACCP manager. At Meandros Hotel we use all HACCP practices and all staff is trained at the beginning of each season.
- Our staff is trained to inform our guests in regards to our environmental activities, so as to raise awareness in terms of the environment.
- Our staff is trained to use labelled cleaning products and use them wisely following instructions provided for each product.
- In all of our hotels, we recycle our waste. Our staff is trained to keep this effort ongoing and they all take part on an everyday basis.
Water Management Diana Group Hotels
- Water saving tools are placed in all of our tabs in rooms and toilets. This filters increases the air pressure and at the same time decreases water usage.
- Water saving «hippos» are placed in all toilet flashes. This tolls decreases water consumption by 2-4liters in each flash, without affecting water pressure.
- Automatic drip system is place at Diana Palace hotel. In the near future we plan to expand it in all of our hotels.
- We always water our gardens early in the morning or late in the afternoon.
- In all of our rooms and toilets we use mixing tabs.
- All of our staff is trained on how to save water on an everyday basis, so as to be supportive to our environmental policy.
- In all of our hotels, we clean with hot water, so as to enable less water consumption.
- In all of our kitchens we use the indicated washing machines in order to save water and energy consumption.
- On an everyday basis, we monitor pool water condition and all data is recorded.
- All of our hotels, are connected to the main drainage network of the area.
- We always try to use cleaning products friendly to the environment, when our budget and market supply enables.
- In all of our hotels, we use our own laundry for linen. This enables us to save water and energy consumption.
- In all of our hotels, we encourage our guests to help us save water and energy, by reducing towel laundry. We have placed in room instructions in order to keep them informed on how to succeed on that.
Energy management at Diana Group Hotels
- In all of our hotels, most lambs are replaced with energy saving ones. In the future we aim to expand this action in all of our energy network.
- In all of our hotels, room doors are equipped with cards instead of keys. When guests leave the room, electricity is off, except in room fridge. This enables us to save big amount of energy consumption.
- Our rooms at Filoxenia, are equipped with a sensor that disables air conditioning operation as soon as the balcony door opens.
- All of our rooms are equipped with self controlled air conditioning. We advice our guests to use it wisely by setting the right temperature. The right temperature we recommend need to have 3 degrees Celsius difference from the outside temperature
- We always outsource our electric appliances maintenance to the right professionals, so as to save energy.
- In some interior or exterior areas of our hotels, electricity is enabled through body movement or by a timer.
- Our guests are advised to use in room electricity wisely and not waste energy through extensive use of appliances.
- Public area air-conditioning is wisely used, always in accordance with the external temperature.
- Tube network in all of our hotels is insulated, so as to save energy and avoid leaks.
- When it comes to glass or mirror cleaning, we always use newspaper pages instead of synthetic clothes. In this way we reuse products that have already been used and produced for another purpose.
- We always prefer to use glassed bottles, so as to be able to return them to our suppliers after they are used, to enable recycling.
- Most of our supplies are bought in big packages, so as to avoid waste. For example, napkins, buffet and restaurant supplies, paper, cleaning products.
- Cooked fat is recycled and outsourced for the production of soap.
- We prefer to use or offer products that come into recycling packages when this is possible.
- When possible, we avoid using products that come into atomic packages.
- We always collect batteries to recycle, in a special collector.
- Recycle bin are available in all of our public areas, so as to encourage our guests to separate their wastes, into the indicated bins.
- In all public toilets, we provide soap containers instead of atomic soaps. This enable us to avoid waste.
- We always make sure to reuse printed paper for making notes in our internal communication between departments of the hotel. We cut paper in smaller pieces, instead of using post it colored notes. In this way, we recycle paper that has already been used for another purpose and we decrease waste.
- We always encourage our staff, to avoid printing documents and instead keep electronic files. As well as emailing instead of faxing, when this is possible.
- In all of our hotels, we separate paper, newspaper and magazines.
- In all of our hotels we collect paper and appliances for recycling
- We collect glassed bottles from our suppliers for recycling.
- We outsource recycling for printer and copy ink.
- We collect all cooked oil from our kitchens and outsource them for recycling.
- In all of our hotels we encourage our guests and staff to drink water from our water collectors called ‘Bombs’. In this way we reduce waste and over usage of plastic bottles of water.
- In all of our hotels, we encourage our guests and staff, when using the toilet, to use the automated hand drying machine instead of paper.
- In all of our hotels, we collect food waste and supply breeders for animal food.
- In all of our hotels we collect organic waste and use them for fertilizer production.
- In most of our rooms we use organic wall paint when possible. In this way we avoid using chemical paint and atmosphere in our rooms is healthier.
Learn more about the Green Key Eco Label on http://www.eepf.gr/ and http://www.green-key.org/
Wondering what is HACCP? Have a look here